Friday, January 5, 2007

mileage 100

huge day today. .
another "Levi Training Day" ...
Alan Philips (friend in New Mexico/Wheaton grad) once gave me his perspective
on recreational drugs. . . he said it was cheating .. . kind of like paying for something with
a credit card .. you can get something, a sensation, without really having to "work for it."
that made sense to me. .
... and today it made even more sense.
I limped to the top of the hill in the Santa Rosa neighborhood where I am living.
I glanced at my bike computer just in time to see the mileage click over to 100.
And when I got inside, and crashed on the bed still in my ride clothes . .
lying there on my back .. with my feet still on the ground. . the room began to spin. . I felt myself float toward the ceiling.. I thought, wow, this was a cheap high ..
all it cost me was 3 powerbars and few hours of my time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes grasshopper


projectrwanda.org

projectrwanda.org