Tuesday, January 2, 2007

recovery day

no drama today.
no heroic rides. ..
just a little bike maintenance,
an hour and 1/2 ride, easy,
a stop off at BMC head quarters "the Pink Palace"
aka Gavin's (our director) apartment complex ..
(he has volunteered his living quarters to the good of the team equipment storage)
(pretty cool to see bike parts stacked to the ceiling)
and some loitering time at NorCal Bike Shop,
then some sushi,
then, soon, off to bed, watching the 06 Tour de France on DVD.
remember to rest ..it is actually the time when you mend, when you get stronger.
otherwise you're in "a constant state of overtraining" (quote provided by coach Brad)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am trying to remember what sluffbugger means. I was not sure if you ever explained it, but I am curious... Is this going to be your new cycling nickname?


projectrwanda.org

projectrwanda.org