hey,
thanks for the response of so many . .
my dad is doing well ..
he's positive and fighting.
as of today "they" are done with the first round of chemo,
they're taking out the direct line to his heart where
they had been pumping the poison . .
in a couple days we'll see how he responded
thing on my end have been a maze. .
things kind of flipped upside down.
the normal tasked i now find difficult. .
i guess that's a bit of depression.
i remembered the other day, the first ride on my TT
bike that there's going to be a Prologue event in a weeks time. .
it was the first i thought about and visualized that moment. .
made me realize the distractionn. .
the mental distraction, over the past couple weeks.. .
did some repeat climbs with LL the other day. .
by the third one,
having progressively been dropped sooner and sooner into the intervals,
i was sitting in the grass,
bike on it's side
high up on Ida Clayton over looking SOnoma county. .
he slowed as he decended for the last one. .
"did you crash again?"
sort of, i responded,
as i made a cleat adjustment to my shoe. . .
we motorpaced home. .
yesterday was bit better. .
hopefully again today,
and then Cherry Pie crit in Napa on sunday.
4 comments:
Scott, it's Sam Johnson from New Mexico. I just wanted to voice my support. I'm a big fan, and find you to be a real inspiration. I've been struggling with my training a bit too these last two weeks, but my troubles seem trivial compared to yours. Keep going, but don't be too hard on yourself -- allow yourself to be human and (at times) imperfect. Thanks for blogging, it's fun to get a passenger's-side view of your life.
My best to your dad.
-S
scotty...good grief, the wind in the middle east, a hard crash, cancer...it's official...the start to your 2nd year is shit....hehe I am sorry bro, I really hope your dad is being strong, and you are too...Ride your bike at CA, don't get caught in the hype, just ride your ass off...no apprehension. I will be thinking about you buddy...
luv jd
Hey Buddy, sorry for the rough time so far this season, I know you, your dad, and the rest of yoru family are all gonna be tough and get through things ok. I donated blood a few months back, im glad to hear a good example of some good that its doing, I think I will do it again as soon as I can:-) Much support buddy! Might make it out to cali for the TT and following stage, better see you tearing that up
How did the crit go yesterday? Feel good?
Good luck next week.
Post a Comment