.. .i was on the last flight standing.
they cancelled last minute. I had to call on Trevor again.
This whole thing has been a collective effort.. . I simply couldn't have, or wouldn't have
made it this far with out significant multi-lateral support from a few specific people.
I simply wouldn't be here.
so, i suppose Trevor wasn't surprised when i asked him to drive through a blizzard to pick me up. .. just so that I could get a reasonable night sleep (before i asked him to drive me to the air port again the next day (today)(in 2 hrs)) .. . totally within "reason" to ask of someone, yah, i think. ? . .. after the past year of sharing his house, his food, his time, his work hours, his finances. .. while having a pregnant wife (with twins) and preparing a house for a new family--on limited hospital residency paychecks .. .
There have been times when Trev has wanted this cycling thing more than me; when he's been the one who kept me going. .. when i was drowning in what seemed to me like an endless, pointless sea. But he, being at a different vantage point, could see that the sea had some current; that even though i couldn't tell or see for myself, I was/it was still going somewhere ... and all i had to do was tred water. ..
it's funny, the hard work on the bike isn't what's so difficult about this job.
1 comment:
This season the current will be faster. Less tredding water and more pedaling. Fast and light.
Post a Comment